Joeten-Kiyu Public Library Facility Opens for Limited Public Services by Appointment Only & UPDATED Library Hours of Operation
Effective Tuesday, May 26, 2020, the Joeten-Kiyu Public Library facility will be open for limited public services by appointment only to ensure health and safety of our patrons, and in compliance with Amended Directive 7 of the CNMI Covid-19 Emergency Directives of 2020.
Effective Tuesday, May 26, 2020, the Joeten-Kiyu Public Library hours of operation will be from Tuesday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
In order to alleviate traffic concerns, congregating of our patrons, and continue safe distancing best practices, patrons are asked to call (670) 235-7322/7323 (READ) to schedule their visit by appointment only.
This includes general circulation services (ex. book check-out, library card-sign up, and payments) and limited computer access to 45 minutes per visit. Curbside service will continue to be provided for those who prefer to pick up their materials outside of the library. The library asks that all materials continue to be returned in the book drop that is located outside of the main entrance as they will be placed in a quarantine location for a week prior to returning to regular shelves for circulation.
JKPL Facility Entrance Guide:
- Patrons must wear face mask upon entering. Patrons must bring their own face masks. No mask, no entry.
- Temperature check upon entering the facility. Patrons with a 100.4°F/38°C or higher will not be allowed into the facility.
- Patrons must sanitize their hands upon entering. Sanitizer station will be available upon entering the facility.
- Patrons must use plastic gloves upon entering. Plastic gloves will be provided by JKPL.
For the safety and protection of the community and the staff of the Joeten-Kiyu Public Library, failure to follow library policy and procedures will result in denial of access to library facility and services. (See below for JKPL list of services updated, effective May 26, 2020)
CIRCULATION SERVICES (By appointment Only)
- Limit of 10 patrons per visit for 30-minute intervals by appointment only. Families are encouraged to call ahead for an appointment.
- All minors must be accompanied by an adult parent or guardian.
- Library access is restricted to Circulation services– Checking out of library materials– books, magazines, DVD’s, and audio.
- Apply for a library card! First JKPL library card is free, and replacement of library card is $5.00. (Must be 6 years old and older. Please bring following documents: proof of address, ex. Phone bill or utility bill. Valid photo I.D.—CNMI driver’s license, CNMI Mayor’s ID, U.S. passport. If you are a Minor, your Parent or Guardian will need to fill out the form and provide the required documentation.)
COMPUTER & PRINTING SERVICES (By Appointment Only)
- Computer access will be restricted only for unemployment, tax, homework, and email purposes.
- Library card recommended.
- Time limit of 45-minutes for 1-patron per computer workstation and by appointment only. Limit of 10 public workstations available.
- Printing charges may be waived only for documents related to unemployment assistance. Restrictions may apply, ask a librarian for details.
CURBSIDE PICK-UP (By Appointment Only)
- Place items on hold beginning Monday, May 18, 2020.
- Search the library’s online catalog at cnmilib.org or call the library to place holds on the item(s) you want.
- There is a temporary limit of 05 holds per valid library card. If you currently have more than 05 holds on your card, please call the library at (670) 235-7322/7323 (READ) to speak to a staff person.
- You will receive a notification (by email, text message, or phone depending on your account preference) letting you know that you can call to schedule pickup.
- Pick up your items.
- All items will be checked out and bagged ahead of time. Each bag will have your holds slip stapled to it for identification.
- Have your library card ready and ID available.
- Library staff will be wearing masks and gloves, and we ask that you wear a mask and stay in your car.
- On a big piece of paper, please write your last name and library card number placed inside of front windshield. Please ensure it is legible to library staff.
- Pickups at the Joeten-Kiyu Public Library will take place via the parking lot.
- Pop your trunk or open a passenger window. Library staff will place your bag in your car.
- Pick up your bag of library materials and enjoy!
- Return your items
- Due dates for all items have been extended to at least June 15, 2020.
- You can return your items to the outdoor book drop during library hours of operation.
- After return to the book drop, all library items will go through a one-week quarantine before they are checked in. Only items that have been quarantined will be used to fill holds. Again, no fines will be accrued during this quarantine.
- Use book drops for library returns only.
VIRTUAL SERVICES & REFERENCE HELP
- Free Wi-Fi Access Point at Joeten-Kiyu Public Library Parking Lot available during library hours of operation. Password for access to free Wi-Fi will be issued 1-per vehicle.
- E-Book access: Library staff will provide e-book access for Axis360 Baker and Taylor and Open eBooks. Patrons can access online e-books by visiting www.cnmilib.org.
- Free online community resources with links to databases.
- Ask a Librarian: Library staff provide answers to general inquiries regarding library services and/or use information resources to help others meet particular information needs.
On behalf of the staff and management of the Joeten-Kiyu Public Library, we humbly thank you for your continued partnership, support, patience, and understanding during our temporary facility closure. We appreciate your patronage, as we look forward to continue to serve your informational needs. Thank you and Si Yuús Maáse.
Funding for Joeten-Kiyu Public Library is made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Joeten-Kiyu Public Library-CNMI State Library. For the latest news and events, please visit the Joeten-Kiyu Public Library’s website at www.cnmilib.org and like/follow JKPL’s Facebook page @joetenkiyupubliclibrary and Instagram @joetenkiyupubliclibrary and Youtube: joeten kiyu public library. Sign up today for our free e-newsletter by emailing email@example.com!