Library Card Procedure
- Visit JKPL and apply for a library card. When you apply and register for a Joeten-Kiyu Public Library card, you accept responsibility for all items on the card, all use made of the card and all charges made against it until your card is reported lost. The Library must have a record of your card having been reported lost, or it is not considered lost. Therefore, it is to the patron’s benefit to report the loss or theft of a library card immediately.
- Joeten-Kiyu Public Library cards are non transferable. Unauthorized usage will result in the confiscation of the library card.
- Children must be 6 years old to obtain their own library card.
- First library card is free. To replace a lost library card is $5.00
- Bring proper identification:
- Adult must present a valid photo ID (CNMI Driver’s License, Passport, or Mayor’s ID) and proof of mailing address.
- Minors (under 18) must have their application co-signed by a parent or guardian. Parent or guardian must present a current ID and proof of mailing address.
Proof of mailing address: Envelop or packaged postmarked with your name on it is required or latest bank statement, CUC bill, phone bill, etc.
Circulation Type, Loan Period, Fines Per Day
|Type of Materials
||Fines per day
3 Audio Books
3 DVD’s (per family)
Popular DVD $1.00
$1.00 per DVD
$1.00 per DVD
Patrons can borrow up to a combined total of 10 library materials, excluding DVDs and audio books. Reference materials cannot be checked out.
Renew—patrons are able to renew their items once for the same loan period. Please call JKPL during our normal operation hours and request to renew your items.
Return—Patrons may return library books in the designated bookdrop outside of JKPL facility or to the bookmobile during normal library hours. Because audiovisual materials (DVDs, CDs, etc.) can be damaged when heavy books fall on top of them in the bookdrop, they should ALWAYS be returned to JKPL’s circulation desk.
Fines— You are able to pay any fees and fines at the circulation desk. JKPL currently only accepts cash and/or checks. Please be aware that there is a service fee of $25.00 for a returned check. Return your overdue library materials as soon as possible to stop additional fines from being charged against your account. Pay your fines and other fees as soon as you can. However, please note that the maximum “fines threshold” is $5.00. This means that you will not be able to use your library card if you have fines or charges of $5.00 or more.
Lost or damaged library materials– If you have lost or damaged a library material(s) so that it can no longer be used by other patrons, you will be responsible for the full valued cost of the material and a $5.00 non refundable processing fee.
Get, use, and change my PIN
How do I know what my library card PIN number is?
Your PIN, or Personal Identification Number, is a 4-digit number that allows you to access free JKPL online services such as requesting library materials via the JKPL online catalog and using online resources for research or learning. Please call JKPL and request for a PIN number.