Information Technology Center
The Information Technology Center (ITC) is provided by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS). Our public service includes PC with internet access, WiFi Access, basic computer learning lessons, and printing.
Use of Library Computers
JKPL provide’s access to free internet computers for patrons with a valid library card. Please call JKPL to reserve the use of a computer. You may reserve one 45-minute internet session per appointment. Maximum of two sessions per day.
Saving files when using a library computer- Files cannot be permanently saved on to the computer’s hard drive, but downloading to a personal storage device like a flash drive or USB drive is allowed. Remember to bring a personal storage device with you.
Printing from a library computer- JKPL library computers are connected to printers. A fee of 25¢ per page for black and white is used to cover the cost of toner and paper. Printing must be completed before the end of your session.
Click Here for ITC Policy/Rules
FREE COMPUTER LESSONS @ ITC
Due to COVID, 19 computer lessons are not offered at this time.
The ITC is now offering Weekly Computer Lessons from Tuesday to Friday, from 1:00pm to 5:00pm every hour on the hour.
- Basic Computer
- Word Processing
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Excel (Spreadsheet)
- Internet Etiquette
How to sign up:
- Must have a Joeten-Kiyu Public Library Card.
- Fees, Dues or Obligations must be resolved on a weekly basis or completely.
- Walk-Ins sign up at the ITC to register, select a lesson, and choose a day and time.
- Call-Ins must have their JKPL Library Card number and provide contact information (Call 235-7322/7323).
- Schedules must be set on the hour (Ex: 1:00pm, 2:00pm, etc..)
- Scheduled times may be taken (First come, First Serve basis) for a different lesson for that time, please reschedule or a later time on that day may be available.
For more information, call (670) 235-7322/7323and ask about the ITC computer lessons.