Joeten-Kiyu Public Library will offer contactless/curbside pickup service beginning Monday, May 18, 2020
The Joeten-Kiyu Public Library facility remains closed to the public but in addition to providing patrons with access to online resources the library is committed to offering safe access to books and other library materials through a limited contactless/curbside pickup service. To provide safe pickup environments that meet the requirements under the CNMI COVID-19 Emergency Directives– the Governor’s Social Distancing Guidance, library materials’ pickup service will be offered exclusively at the Joeten-Kiyu Public Library.
Library patrons will be able to schedule times to pick up library books and items that they request in advance during library hours of operation Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Follow these simple steps to pick up library materials at the Joeten-Kiyu Public Library:
- Place items on hold beginning Monday, May 18, 2020
- Search the library’s online catalog at the cnmilib.org or call the library to place holds on the item(s) you want.
- There is a temporary limit of 05 holds per valid library card. If you currently have more than 05 holds on your card, please call the library at (670) 235-7322/7323 (READ) to speak to a staff person.
- You will receive a notification (by email, text message, or phone depending on your account preference) letting you know that you can call to schedule pickup.
- Pick up your items
- All items will be checked out and bagged ahead of time. Each bag will have your holds slip stapled to it for identification.
- Have your library card ready and ID available.
- Library staff will be wearing masks and gloves, and we ask that you wear a mask and stay in your car.
- On a big piece of paper, please write your last name and library card number placed inside of front windshield. Please ensure it is legible to library staff.
- Pickups at the Joeten-Kiyu Public Library will take place via the parking lot.
- Pop your trunk or open a passenger window. Library staff will place your bag in your car.
- Pick up your bag of library materials and enjoy!
- Return your items
- Due dates for all items have been extended to at least June 15, 2020. Therefore, there is no need to worry about overdue fines. Keep your checked out materials until we reopen if you like.
- You can return your items to the outdoor book drop during library hours of operation.
- After return to the book drop, all library items will go through a one-week quarantine before they are checked in. Only items that have been quarantined will be used to fill holds. Again, no fines will accrued during this quarantine.
- Use book drops for library returns only.
The JKPL continues to offer the following services:
- Free Wi-Fi Access Point at Joeten-Kiyu Public Library Parking Lot for public available during library hours of operation. Password for access to free Wi-Fi will be issued 1-per vehicle.
- E-Book access: Library staff will provide e-book access for Axis 360 and Open eBooks.
- Free online community resources with links to databases.
- Ask a Librarian: Library staff provide answers to general inquiries regarding library services and/or use information resources to help others meet particular information needs.
Thank you for your continued partnership, support, patience, and understanding.
Funding for Joeten-Kiyu Public Library is made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Joeten-Kiyu Public Library-CNMI State Library. For the latest news and events, please visit the Joeten-Kiyu Public Library’s website at www.cnmilib.org and like/follow JKPL’s Facebook page @joetenkiyupubliclibrary and Instagram @joetenkiyupubliclibrary and Youtube: joeten kiyu public library. Sign up today for our free e-newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org!